Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Summer is over??!!! What??



So... we have been kickin it here in Vegas for the past couple of months, and I can't believe that we will be leaving in a week! It has gone by fast, but it's also nice to be heading home. So what have we done this summer?? Not much really...

Jere has been working at his internship all day during the week, and I was lucky enough to get a job working for my uncle's electric business as a secretary figure. It has been nice to have a little bit of money coming in... Other fun things we have done this summer: 

1. Playing with the three fun little boys we have been living with. They are a riot and so much fun to be with. (Sorry I don't have any pictures... I would go take one now but they are at Disney World. I will get one later.)

2. Family reunion in Park City. We enjoyed spending time with Jeremy's family. We stayed at a nice cabin and it was fun to be with everyone. We played games, watched slides, and went boating. I got burned pretty bad, and peeled pretty badly afterword, but it was so worth it. My next purchase will be a jet ski just so you all know... okay maybe not my next purchase but it's on my list of things to buy.  Here are our pictures:


HA! This is the one picture we took over the weekend. We are horrible picture takers. I am setting a goal to try to take more pictures... we'll see how it goes. Blogs are always more exciting with pictures.

3. We have seen quite a few movies. July was packed with hits! 

Transformers 3: Better than the 2nd, not as good as the first, but still fun to see. 


Harry Potter: Of course! I thought it was the best of the Harry Potter flicks... just my opinion. 

I know this is not a picture from Harry Potter, but I thought it was cute so it will do.



Crazy, Stupid, Love: This was probably my favorite movie I have seen all summer. Don't judge me. It is a little scandalous.. but I thought it was a cute story with a good message. It made me laugh. It made me cry. I thought it was great. 


Captain America: This was good. I liked it better than Thor. I thought it was a fun movie with a lot of action. Jeremy liked it more than I did, but that's to be expected. Plus I saw it the day after Crazy, Stupid, Love, so I think I was more in the mood for a romance rather than action... 


That's all the movies we have seen in theaters so far... the next on my list is "The Help". 


4. We went to Magic Mountain in California! 

Oh my land! This was the funnest/scariest day of my life. I thought I was seriously going to DIE at times! Some of the roller coasters seemed like the giant drop was never going to end! It was so fun to ride all the crazy coasters. I haven't ridden any seriously huge roller coasters since I went to Busch Gardens Virginia after 8th grade... (Lagoon roller coasters DO NOT count... they are weak compared to these coasters)
My favorite ride was called X2. Basically you drop straight down and follow the track that spins and turns and all the while you are in a side car that is on a free axis so you are spinning the whole time anyway! Intense??...yes!! 
Can you see the straight down drop? So fun!! 


One ride, Goliath, had a HUGE and I mean HUGE drop. I think it was 255 feet, and you go into a tunnel below ground. I wanted to get off when we reached the top... I needed a bailing point so I could just get out of the car and walk down some stairs or something. However, I stayed on the ride and I survived... Barely! I thought the drop was never going to end! Ugh. But Jeremy really liked that one. 

So this is the humungous drop... you can't even see it all in the pic it was so huge! HUGE!


It was a fun day to spend with my Aunt, Uncle, and two cousins. My 8 year old cousin rode everything he was tall enough for.. I don't know how he did it. I wanted to bail on a lot of the rides, but he pushed me into doing them. Magic Mountain was a blast and I would definitely go back again! 

5. My mom came to visit. We had fun shopping and going to movies (Crazy, Stupid, Love, and Captain America). Mostly it was just fun to see her and to get to hang out. We will hopefully be able to see her soon before school gets started back up again. 

We went to the Conservatory at the Bellagio and looked at the flowers. It was really pretty. 


There was also an industrial design store called Droog... Jeremy was a kid in a candy store here... It was cute!


This was one of the items from the store... it is a log with chair backs attached. 


It was fun to hang with my mom. I love her so much! She is so fun and we enjoyed having her here for a week! 

6. We have been working on reading the Hunger Games.. we have read the first two already and are working on the third.. don't give away the ending to us. It all started as we were traveling in our car to the reunion.... our radio doesn't work that well and I was reading the first one, so I offered to read it out loud so we would have something to listen to at least... well, Jeremy got hooked. We have been reading them together ever since.  We like them... its been a fun little thing to do together. We are almost done, so we will have to start a new series after... any suggestions? 

7. Turd Bird!! Who is Turd Bird you ask? Angie (my aunt with whom we live) 's dad is at Sturgess for two weeks so his bird has been here for the past week and a half. Lets just say I know that I NEVER want a bird for a pet... NEVER EVER EVER!! He is loud and just bites people... where's the fun in that? And yes... his real name is Turd Bird. 

8. Lastly, we have gambled away every penny that Jeremy earned at his internship!! Disappointing I know, we thought we might have a chance at winning big, but it didn't happen... Maybe next time. 


We are heading home in about a week and then school starts the week after. It has been a fun, hot summer, but it will be nice to get into our old routine again! Thanks for reading! Have a good rest-of-summer!!!! Loves! 

XOXO, 

Haley

(P.S. for those of you reading who are concerned about our gambling problem, Jeremy is doing an unpaid internship...hehe)

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun......minus the extreme heat. Glad you survived!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey its great to see how you are doing my blog is melodeeanddonny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loves it, although I totally echo your statement - where did this summer go?! I'm already experiencing withdrawals. I'll need to live it up tomorrow.

    thelindseymuir@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Love your post! It's so good to see what you are doing (yes, you are on assignment to take more pictures or make Jere do it because I know he knows how). I love that you and Jere read to each other in the car. Chris and I used to do that a lot too (the kids squashed that habit for now but hopefully we'll pick it up again soon when they can endure a book with more words and less pictures). I wish I had a good book recommendation for you; I finished "The Help" and liked it more than I thought I would (though it may be in part because I live in the South). If anything, go see the movie. I'm glad you had a good summer! Hopefully we can see you guys soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Harry Potter as well! Great pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete